CBD / Nutrition/ Fitness Science News
American consumers are researching CBD more than many other alternative health trends and products, according to a new study looking at Google searches.
Health scientists from the University of California, San Diego, Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore and the University of York in the United Kingdom measured U.S. Google searches that mentioned CBD and cannabidiol from 2004 through April of this year.
The study found that while search volumes were consistent from 2004 to 2014, they began to grow significantly in 2016. Search volumes increased year-over-year by 125.9% in 2017 and 160.4% in 2018, and they are expected to be 117.7% higher in 2019.
In April 2019, there were 6.4 million Google searches for CBD, the researchers wrote in an American Medical Association journal detailing their findings.
The April 2019 searches for CBD were on par with yoga and e-cigarettes but seven times more prevalent than acupuncture, five times higher than apple cider vinegar and three times more than meditation.
“Prevention Is Better Than Cure”
CBD News and Science
- CBD Products & CBD Business News
- The CBD boom is way ahead of the science
- Cannabidiol Oil for Decreasing Addictive Use of Marijuana: A Case Report
- Real life Experience of Medical Cannabis Treatment in Autism: Analysis of Safety and Efficacy
- Emerging Evidence for Cannabis' Role in Opioid Use Disorder
- CBD:a marijuana miracle or just another health fad?
- Translational Investigation of the Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD): Toward a New Age
- Legal and Regulatory Issues Governing Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products in the United States
Nutrition News and Science
- Nutrition Science
- Journal of Nutritional Science
- Nutrition for kids: Guidelines for a healthy diet
- Children’s Eating Behavior: The Importance of Nutrition Standards for Foods in Schools
- Childhood Nutrition Facts
- Place of Nutrition in Yoga
- About the journal
- Beneficial metabolic adaptations due to endurance exercise training in the fasted state
- Nutrition / Diet News
- Challenges and opportunities for nutrition education and training in the health care professions: intraprofessional and interprofessional call to action
- Nutrition and aging: assessment and treatment of compromised nutritional status in frail elderly patients
Fitness News and Science
- Aims and Scope
- Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise
- Even More Great Fitness Features
- Most Downloaded Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness Articles
- Senior Exercise and Fitness Tips
- Get Fit for Free
- Doctor of Fitness Articles
- Exercise and Fitness A to Z List
- Healthy Living
- The Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- This exercise program will help you improve your physical fitness and overall health.
- Why is Exercise Important?